Monday, August 28, 2006

Well we just got back from a 4 day weekend in my new favourite place - the Georgian Triangle - namely the Collingwood, Blue Mountain, Thornbury areas on the southern shore of Georgian Bay.

We were there with my brother Neil & his g/f Martine, scouting out retirement homes for us. Burnie & I are both seriously considering moving there! The area is booming right now - condos going up everywhere, & many are still affordable, although there's no doubt the prices will climb as the retiring Babyboomers start moving in. The lifestyle is perfect for retirement, with just about anything a retired person would want to do.

The beaches are amazing. The waters of Georgian Bay are a sparkling turquoise... very Caribbean-like. There are hiking trails through wonderful scenery, golf courses, skiiing (not that I would try that LOL!), fantastic restaurants & pubs (more my field of expertise), and much more. On top of that, the winters are shorter & kinder than Sudbury's.

Collingwood & Thornbury are much closer to London, where Kim, Steve & Gordie live. However, those towns are not too far from Sudbury either, & the drive will be much faster once the 4-laning is finished. If we move there, we'll be making that trip on a regular basis because it will be really hard to leave Abby & the rest of the family here.

But...
Burnie will be able to see Dave all the time, as we'll practically be his & Tammy's neighbours, less than an hour away from them & their little squirt!
Tammy, watch out, I'll be there to supervise your every move as a new Mom... that will be my job as your step-mother-in-law, you know. ;)
Just kidding... LOL!!! :)

Anyway....
Here are a very few of the nearly 100 photos I took of our trip.... mostly the waterfront because I love it so much). Burnie took pictures of the Village at Blue Mountain (a mini-Whistler) but I didn't take my camera with me that day - darn it. You'll have to see the pics he took from the gondola we rode on, up to the top of Blue mountain & down again. That was fantastic. The view from up there was breathtaking.

Anyway... there's too much for me to tell you here with my snail's pace typing.

Hope you enjoyed your shower & got all the gifts that you wanted, Tam. Sorry I couldn't make it but we had been planning this trip with my brother all summer, before I was told when the shower would be.
We've had just about everyone else in our families (other than the BC gang) spending time here with us this summer, so I only had time for one of my brothers till now. (That was when my youngest brother Andre & his wife Sharon came up to stay with us for a few days.)

I've come to the conclusion that summer is too short to fit in everyone from all the different families! Geez... well at least we finally managed a trip up to Elliott Lake to see Ralph last month! He's been asking us to go up there for years!
But then, it's not like we never see Ralph... he comes here often, in fact he stayed here with us for a few days in July too.

Once Burnie retires, & we move from this big roomy house to a dinky little place, we'll be visiting everyone all the time instead of having everyone here.
Watch out, you guys... your Dad retires in November. Get those spare rooms ready because we're going to have lots of time to spend visiting! :)

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Burnie said...

My word dear....good pictures :)
Now I have to post my pictures....

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger SeaJay said...

Hi there, handsome. We have to stop meeting here like this. ;)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

spare rooms is always ready. It will be nice to have different people coming to visit. My mom and sis are here again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home