Monday, August 21, 2006

Has it really been 4 months since I last posted?

Hey there! Yep, I'm still alive. I've forgotten how to use this blogger thingy though.
I have some brand new photos of handsome little Gordie, who was here for a visit with his Mom & Dad yesterday, but I'm not sure how to post them up here.


Let's see if I can figure this out. Here goes:






















Well, it seems this blog has a mind of its own when arranging photos. Believe me, this wasn't the way I was trying to do it! LOL!

Oh well, we had a wonderful day yesterday. Steve, Kim, & Gordie arrived about 8 a.m. just in time for breakfast. We had a good visit with the 3 of them until it was time for Steve to depart for his business trip, later in the morning.

After that, we played with Gord & yakked with Kim, until later in the afternoon, when t'other Kim & Lyndsay arrived with Sunny Bunny (aka Beans). Gordie turned on all his charms for his aunties... I think he's going to be a lady-killer when he grows up.

It was a great day!
I only wish Abby had been here too. She would have loved to have seen Gordie, but she's gone to visit her father & his family until the end of August. It seems strange not having her around. We miss her a lot.

My dream is to, one day, get all the grandkids together, but it doesn't seem too likely - not for a very long time anyway - with Kayley & Erika so far away.

This weekend we're off for a little vacation with my brother, Neil & his g/f Martine. We've been planning this since the beginning of the summer. I really feel like I need the break away from here before the weather turns cold again, when I'm stuck inside here for weeks on end at a time.
We seem to have had an unusually busy summer, with lots of things to do & a lot of guests as well.

We're going to check out possible retirement places, especially around the Collingwood area. We had planned to go as far as Pelee Island, but it's too far for just a few days' trip. We'd spend the whole time driving.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it, although I do feel bad about missing Tammy's (non-surprise, so I can mention it here) shower. Unfortunately, our plans were made before we learned that the shower would be this month.
I'll make sure my gifts get to you anyway, Tam. Hope you have a lovely time... I'll check out the photos to see what I missed.

Well, I'm such a pokey blogger that I've taken a couple of hours doing this. I'd better get to bed. :)




2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

I was a little upset that you two weren't going to be home since we haven't seen you guys in a few months. I hope Kim and Lynds will be there since w e also haven't seen them in awhile. We won't be travelling to Sudbury until sometime after the baby is born. We are still waiting for you guys to come visit. Don't worry I won't put you two to work:) We just want you to come visit. It's so hard to come to Sudbury and having to split up our time among 3 families and our friends. WE would like for you two to come so we can spend all that time with only the two of you. If that makes any sense at all. Hope you have a great trip and hope to see you all soon.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Tam's thoughts said...

I'll let you know if it works. I know Dave would love to spend time with his dad and love spending time with your parents so we would all enjoy the visit.:) How does that sound? I really do want them to come visit. We are only 3 hrs away instead of 31 hrs. I think that is much better:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home